While there are a number of things we can do, to care for our own mental health, there are also steps we can take to make our communities more mental health friendly.
This can help people be more willing to share their struggles with mental health, normalize the need for mental healthcare, and remove the stigma associated with seeking help for mental health issues.
You can play an active role in making your community more mental health-friendly, by being a mental health ally, and/or a gatekeeper.
- Be a mental health ally Be A MH Ally
- Gatekeeping 101 Gatekeeping 101
- Signs that someone needs help Signs that someone needs help
- Helping someone seek professional help Helping someone seek professional help
- Helping close ones in distress Helping close ones in distress
- Caring for a child with depression/anxiety Caring For A Child With Depression/Anxiety